Follow Da Mouse Live at Star Wars Weekends!
Last year’s Star Wars Weekends was my first experience of the event and I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing it all was. The weekend kicked off with the celebration of the Grand Opening of the revamped experience at Star Tours that included a ceremony with the CEO of the Walt Disney Company Robert Iger and the creator of Star Wars himself George Lucas. Experiencing the rush of Disney and Star Wars fans united in a feverish excitement over the new attraction, the weekends of festivities and more was truly something I’ll never forget. And best of all, was being able to to share some of that magic with all of you here right on Da Mouse. While this year’s event might not be able to live up to the spectacle of last year there will be plenty of Hoopla in 2012 to keep us all entertained and take us into a galaxy far, far away. So join us after the break as we preview Star Wars Weekends 2012!
Star Wars Weekends offers an incredible opportunity for Star Wars and Disney fans alike to enjoy in special guest-hosted events, grab autographs, take pictures with their favorite characters from the movies and acquire some of the latest Star Wars/Disney related memorabilia. And though I know most of you reading this fall somewhere into the latter two categories of fans, the thing that stood out to me the most about Star Wars Weekends was just how much fun the event was for even a passive Star Wars fan as I considered myself at the time. With the event, its various forms of storytelling and intriguing celebrity interviews, it was nearly impossible for me not to be pulled into the Star Wars world like I never would have truly been inspired to do so before. Sure I had always appreciated the work and creativity of the Star Wars series but never had I seen like this the passion and attention to detail that drives the Star Wars creative teams and the overall fan community. That simple fun and creativity is best conveyed by two members of the Star Wars family that return in 2012 to once again host Star Wars Weekends.
Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano in the animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and James Arnold Taylor (voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Clone Wars) will interact with guests throughout the four themed-weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Guests will be able to meet Ashley Eckstein and her lovable, spirited personality as she hosts “Behind The Force” a show that takes you into the production of Star Wars: Clone Wars and gives fans of the show an opportunity to ask questions and even perhaps act out a few lines from the animated series. But of course that is not all!
Da Mouse will be live
at the Opening Weekend
of Star Wars Weekends!
Guests will be able to enjoy the “Legends of the Force” parade and of course who can forget about Hyperspace Hoopla the annual show that brings the Star Wars characters together for an incredible music and dance adventure like nothing else at Star Wars Weekends! We can’t wait and Da Mouse will be live at the Opening Weekend of Star Wars Weekends to bring you all the action!
Mark Your Calendars!
- Ray Park – (Darth Maul – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Jerome Blake (Rune Haako/Mas Amedda – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Dee Bradley Baker (voice of Clone Captain Rex and Clone Commander Cody – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
- Andy Secombe (Watto – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Ray Park (Darth Maul – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Tom Kane (voice of Yoda – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
- Jake Lloyd (Anakin Skywalker – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Silas Carson (Nute Gunray/Ki-Adi-Mundi – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- (Star Wars: The Clone Wars voice talent – currently TBD)
- Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett – Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VIReturn of the Jedi)
- Daniel Logan (Boba Fett – Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones)
- Nika Futterman (voice of Asajj Ventress – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Legends of the Force
Stay tuned for continuing coverage of Star Wars Weekends right here on Da Mouse.